The Cicely Berry Interview
Cicely Berry Interview
Don't miss our interview with Cicely Berry, Voice Director of the RSC for 45 years and patron of the Voice Care Network.
The VCN has achieved a rare interview with the Royal Shakespeare Theatre’s Director of Voice, Cicely Berry. It was held at the Annual Study Meeting of the Voice Care Network UK (VCN) in 2014, in the presence of voice teachers, speech and language therapists, singing teachers and other interested voice specialists. Click above to read more...
The VCN Mission Statement
The Voice Care Network is a recognised UK and International leader in best professional practice of the use and care of the voice. The VCN:
- brings together leaders and practitioners in a variety of disciplines to share ideas
- is a trusted source of high quality training, publications and CPD programmes for those who use their voice professionally or recreationally
- creates and innovates, researching and developing new ideas and methodologies in best practice
- is a ground-breaker in taking the use and care of the voice into new areas
- is unique in developing and delivering specialist voice workshops to professional occupational voice user groups, organisations and individuals within education, healthcare, the theatrical professions, call centres and the media.
Publications Available for Purchase:
More Care For Your VoiceApril 9, 2015 / No Comments
A concise professional introduction to the use and care of the speaking voice. Recommended by the Health and Safety Commission’s Schools Education Advisory Committee. £4.95 inc p&p per copy 10 copies £39.95 including p&p 50 copies £124.95 including p&pRead More
A voice care guide for call centre managersApril 9, 2015 / No Comments
Call centre workers are professional voice users who depend on their voices for work. The practical guide is for people doing intensive telephone work. It promotes the importance of voice care as an investment in the health and safety of those people. £4.50 inc p&p per copy 10 copies £29.95 including p&p 20 copies £44.95 […]Read More
Voice warm-up exercisesApril 9, 2015 / No Comments
Simple daily exercises, presented in an A6 booklet that fits the pocket. £2.00 per copy including p&p 3 copies £5.00 including p&pRead More
Voice Catcher: an anthologyApril 9, 2015 / No Comments
“Voice Catcher is a collection of writings that celebrate voice and languages, speech and the need to tell … about feelings and emotions … how words are unstoppable … how voice can be imprisoned or excessive … about listening and the need to tell and the need of the heart for silence.”Heather Kay, editor, from […]Read More
Speak2LearnApril 9, 2015 / No Comments
A 32 page A4 book. Linked with speaking, listening, learning: Working with children in KS1 and KS2.Read More
Notes on voice care for teachersApril 9, 2015 / No Comments
A 4 page A5 leaflet including information on how voice works, voice production – the physical basis, using the voice – a check list, voice care – environmental, physiological, personal.Read More